These days it is so easy to sell your stuff online almost hassle free. But what if you want to make some good money too? There are a few things you can do to get the most money out of your items!
1. Bundle items together: When you bundle a few great items together, you can typically ask for a higher price and get it.
2. Be thoughtful with your photos and descriptions: Use high quality photos and if you’re able to find a stock photo of the item on Google, include that photo as well. Include information about the item’s brand and quality in your description. Be clear about what is included, the condition it is in, how long you’ve had it, and what kind of home it comes from (pet free, smoke free, etc.)
3. Check out the consignment shops! Sometimes they will sell your items for an even better price than you could get online, and it takes the hassle out of having to do your own marketing and meeting up with people. You just wait a few weeks and pick up a check!
4. Post new items for sale on payday! If you focus your efforts on the 1st and the 15th of the month, or the second and fourth Fridays of the month, you’ll have a better response to your online ads. Check on social media to see if there is a group specific to selling the items you are selling, for instance Coach purses. People in those groups will typically pay more and the item will sell faster because the people in that group are looking for those items.
5. Do a garage sale with what items are leftover. List the event on social media and the various garage sale and estate sale websites.
For other ideas on how to sell your stuff, e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.